Our mission is to enable all students to become contributing members of society empowered with the skills, knowledge, and values necessary to meet the challenges of a changing world, by providing the highest quality educational experience we can envision.
At Alderwood Elementary School:
• Education is a shared responsibility between the students, the staff, the home, and the community.
• Children are the focal point of all decisions.
• Students demonstrate respect for themselves and others in a culturally diverse population and learn to work together toward common goals.
• Students and staff members hold themselves to high standards of personal performance and are accountable for their decisions and their actions.
• Students become self-motivated lifelong learners who discover the joy of learning through an engaging educational program.
• Students acquire 21st century learning skills allowing them to be successful in all aspects of our global society.